Texas Tourism Hall of Fame
Service. Mentor. Innovator. Pioneer. Champion. Leader. These are the individuals who have helped to mold and advance the tourism industry in the state of Texas. TACVB created the Texas Tourism Hall of Fame to recognize individuals who have helped lead the way to evolve the future of the travel, tourism, and destination management industry in Texas. It is the highest honor that TACVB can bestow on any one individual. Our goal is to recognize and honor these industry leaders and allow our members, as well as other industry partners across the state and beyond, to get to know their work, and the legacy that they have created.
Congratulations to our 2022 Recipients
- Doug Harman, who led the Fort Worth CVB from 1989 – 2006, and recipient of the 2008 Marion Szurek Leadership Award.
- Nanci Liles, who led the Abilene CVB from 1985 to 2021, is a former chair of TACVB and recipient of the 2018 Marion Szurek Leadership Award.
- The late Marion Szurek, who led the San Angelo CVB from 1979-2004, and recipient of the 2008 TACVB Legacy Award, which was renamed the Marion Szurek Leadership Award in her honor. She was also inducted into the Destinations International Hall of Fame in 2021.
How to Nominate
This prestigious award provides a historical narrative of the leaders who have helped grow the tourism industry in Texas throughout the years. The selection criteria for nominations is as follows:
• The individual made substantial contributions to the destination marketing industry in Texas
• The individual is retired or no longer in the industry
• The individual held a leadership position at his/her organization
To nominate someone, please complete the form below (which must include a 250 word or more narrative on any awards and achievements they have received, specific details and examples of how they have made long-lasting impacts on the Texas tourism industry, and his/her involvement with TACVB)
Deadline for applications:
The deadline for 2023 is June 1, 2023