- Always make sure the organization is not already in the TxMET system by doing a key word search.
- If the organization is not found, select “Add” from the bottom of the TxMET Index page.
- Enter all the required fields for the organization’s contact information.
- Do not use punctuation (i.e. Mr.) or abbreviations.
- Do not forget to enter the URL (organization’s website).
- Enter information in proper case (capital and lowercase)
- Enter all fields that are required.
- After all required fields are filled in; click on “Create Organization”.
- The information is sent to the Buffer for TxMET Administration to review, an e-mail will be sent to you as soon as the organization is approved and added to the system. Once you receive approval notification, proceed to adding meeting, booking or history details.
Please note that your entry is not automatically entered into the system. It passes through a quality checkpoint, called the Buffer. The TxMET Administrator reviews the information that you have entered and will either accept the data or will discard it, which is only done if the record is a duplicate.
You will see an “Edit” key at the bottom of the organization information page. Click on this key, and edit the necessary fields. If you are editing the organization’s name, please write the former name in the notes field. Press “Save Changes” to send it to the Buffer.
How do I know that the new Organization or the Organization edit I have made has been accepted into the system?
You will receive a confirmation email from the TxMET system that will let you know that your organization information has been accepted. You can also do a key word search for it in the TxMET system.
What do I do if the new Organization record I entered has been discarded from the system?
An organization record is discarded for two reasons:
- The organization is already in the system; or
- The organization lacks appropriate information in required fields.
When a record is discarded, you will receive an automatic email alerting you that the information you submitted was discarded. If the organization is already in the system, it is discarded so that TxMet will not have duplicate organization records. You must therefore, enter your new meeting or new history/booking information under the existing organization record.