TACVB Speaker Proposal Form
Welcome! Thank you for your interest in presenting an educational session at TACVB’s upcoming Annual Conference on August 15-17, 2017 in Fort Worth, Texas. TACVB strives to provide cutting-edge programming for DMO professionals, so emphasis should be placed on content that is relevant, timely, and develops the skills needed to excel in the tourism industry.
Educations sessions will include general sessions (or keynotes) and breakout sessions. Sessions will vary in length. General sessions can range from 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1.5 hours long. Breakout sessions are typically 45 minutes to 1 hour in length. All sessions will include up to 5 minutes at the beginning for introductions and recognition of sponsors.
The Texas Association of Convention & Visitor Bureaus (TACVB) provides its members with the competitive edge in destination marketing.
Our mission is to support our member organizations by providing destination marketing education and advocacy. We provide seminars and conferences that train and develop professionals in destination marketing organizations (DMOs), stimulate and motivate sales teams, and inform decision making. TACVB provides its members with peer-to-peer idea exchanges, tips on increasing reach through new technology, and tools to meet the changing demands of meeting planners and tourists to the great State of Texas.
TACVB supports nearly 250 member organizations in the State of Texas and beyond.
- TACVB’s Annual Conference will attract roughly 300 attendees from across the State of Texas and beyond.
- TACVB members are a fun, outgoing, and open group of people who will be interested in what you have to say.
- You will enjoy great exposure and networking with DMO professionals.
- Attendees will include:
- DMO professionals from convention and visitor bureaus, chambers of commerce, Main Street cities, municipal tourism departments, regional tourism entities, and other tourism industry partners and associations.
- Experience levels will vary widely. We will have newcomers to the industry alongside seasoned professionals.
- The deadline for submission is March 31, 2017 at 5pm CST.
- All proposals must be submitted online.
- All proposals must be completed in full to be considered.
- You will be notified if your proposal has been accepted during the week of April 3, 2017.
- We plan to have all sessions filled by May 1, 2017.