Posted: December 13, 2023
Location: Grapevine, Texas
- $73,505.64 - $103,643.02 Annually
Responsible for the successful management of digital strategy in Grapevine’s destination marketing efforts. The role requires an innovator, a trendsetter, a progressive thinker who can connect digital, social media and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) components to Grapevine’s strategies. This person plans and executes these initiatives including search, email marketing, text marketing, mobile marketing, social and online advertising campaigns and website development that insures SEO optimization.
1. Maintains a robust, interactive website that engages visitors and achieves agreed performance goals.
2. Responsible for website content development and maintenance using a content management system. Website content includes text, photos, events, video, mapping, itineraries, graphics, etc.
3. Responsible for planning, implementation and measurement of email marketing and text marketing communications targeting opt-in subscriber databases.
4. Works with other CVB management to determine and direct social media strategy in all targeted marketing areas.
5. Responsible for planning, implementation and measurement of search engine marketing initiatives including search engine optimization for organic search and pay-per-click advertising campaigns.
6. Establishes and oversees electronic communication to industry partners to build interest and support for marketing programs.
7. Works with other CVB staff to manage and expand Grapevine’s visual assets and develop a system for collecting, cataloging and sharing assets.
8. Responsible for maintenance, training for CVB staff, updates and research for new modules related to tailored Customer Relationship Management tool.
9. Responsible for planning, implementation and measurement of all mobile marketing strategies, including mobile site and mobile applications.
10. Responsible for planning, creating, implementing and maintaining a variety of microsites that are separate from the main website.
11. On a monthly basis, reviews all digital activity, advertising campaigns and strategies and produces a report reflecting the activity.
12. Reviews the web sites of other destination marketing organizations, hotels and attractions to ensure the CVB web site is always on the leading edge.
13. Maintains and administers all legal Internet domains and security certificates owned by the CVB.
14. Ensures that all Internet standards are met and that the CVB does not intentionally violate any standards that would place the domain in jeopardy.
15. Ensures the implementation of the website as a key marketing element of the CVB; ensures the information and offers on the website are kept current.
16. Responsible for the implementation of the latest technology into the CVB website; ensures the optimization of the website and implementation of all Search Engine Marketing (SEM) strategies so that the CVB sites are ranked as high as possible.
17. Ensures all digital marketing strategies are implemented on time and on budget.
18. Ensures the compilation and distribution of accurate reports on all digital strategies.
19. Performs related duties as directed when such duties are a logical and appropriate assignment to the position.
20. Regular and timely attendance are required for this position.
21. Interacts professionally and respectfully with the public, coworkers, and others in the course of daily work.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Detail oriented with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) computer skills.
• Excellent writing and editing skills for online channels.
• Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) Style Guide, specifically for online channels.
• Enthusiasm for web, social media and marketing trends.
• Strong project management and time management skills.
• Ability to manage and complete multiple simultaneous projects.
• Dynamic personality with the ability to shift modes of operation seamlessly.
• Ability to work irregular hours and schedules.
• Ability to analyze data to assess performance and ROI.
• Experience with FTP sites and transferring of files and assets through such systems.
• Experience in HTML or JAVA or Java script programming.
• Experience with open-source content management frameworks or systems such as WordPress, Drupal or Joomla.
• Technical certificates and certifications are a plus.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Information Technology or a comparable field from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four years of experience in electronic marketing and management, preferably in destination management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Experience must include Content Management System (CMS), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), SEO/SEM best practices, SEO/SEM bidding strategies, blogs, social media and web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
Practical experience with mobile site development, mobile applications development, online communities, Rich Site Summary (RSS) feeds, rich media, user-generated content and graphic design for the web such as Adobe Creative Suite and Flash preferred.
Must pass a Federal/National criminal background check and credit check. Must have a valid Texas driver's license with an acceptable driving record as defined by City policy.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
While performing the essential functions of this position the employee is rarely exposed to disagreeable environmental factors. There will be occasional exposure to outdoor weather elements as the position requires working outdoors during CVB sponsored events throughout the normal course of the year.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is regularly required to perform light to medium work that involves walking or standing, use the computer keyboard and mouse, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, stand, walk, and stoop, or crouch. This position requires occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. This job requires the ability to work in an office environment where the noise level is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and the job requirements change.