Posted: June 22, 2022
Amarillo Convention and Visitors Bureau
- High School / GED
Job Type: Full-time
Qualifications for this role:
Two years of college or equivalent hospitality experience
Full Job Description:
Job title: Tourism Coordinator
FLSA: Salary, Non-Exempt
Salary: $40K- 45K
Reports to: Director of Tourism
The Amarillo Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) is a non-profit organization and the
official tourism and destination marketing organization for the City of Amarillo. The CVB markets Amarillo to potential leisure and business travelers as well as providing area resources and unbiased advice to tourists, events and meeting professionals, and the media.
The Tourism Coordinator will support the Tourism department in providing information and resources for visitors and industry partners. They will also manage informational and logistical matters related to the visitor experience. Customer service, hospitality, and expertise are at the forefront.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in Word, Xcel, Powerpoint
- General knowledge of Graphic Design Programs
- Tech Savvy
- Knowledge of Amarillo and the area
- Visitor experiences knowledge preferred (dining, hiking, retail, lifestyle).
- Experience and/or knowledge of the tourism and hospitality industry ideal.
- Ability to work with and build relationships with a wide variety of people in a variety of situations. Convey excitement and enthusiasm to enhance the visitor experience.
- Can Do Spirit
- Self-starter that enjoys problem solving and the creative process involved in developing and implementing solutions. Ownership of tasks and the tenacity to see them through to fruition.
- Organization & Multi-Tasking
- Excellent organization and time management skills, including the demonstrated ability to meet timelines and prioritize multiple projects.
- Team Player
- Team orientation and demonstrated ability to work effectively with peers, subordinates, and supervisors. Experience working with or as seasonal staff. Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion as appropriate. Commitment to collaboration.
- As the tourism industry is an ever changing and highly engaging environment, it is important for an applicant to not only look for new and better ways to bring people to Amarillo, but also have the ability to adapt to new programs and initiatives.
- Simpleview Champion
- Manage Events
- Manage Listings
- Be affluent in all Simpleview tasks and ensure accuracy
- Tourism Inquiries
- Send digital guide to all visitor guide requests
- Ensure all press, film, and miscellaneous inquiries are answered
- Handle all leisure inquiries including itinerary building
- Partner Relations
- Educate partners about our services and respond to requests
- Bandwango Champion
- Launch and manage all passes
- Project Boots on the Ground
- Assist in all event planning
- Create boilerplates for each event
- Assist in finding events for influencers to attend
- Assist in creation of presentations, design materials, and spreadsheets
- Create itineraries for content creators and host them as necessary
- Assist in all Tourism Department responsibilities
- Continuous Learning
- Seek out new restaurants, activities, attractions, events, and experiences.
- Attend industry educational conferences
What we offer:
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Life Insurance, 100% employer paid
- Health Insurance, 100% employer paid
- Dental Insurance, 100% employer paid
- Vision Insurance, optional – employee paid
- Paid Time Off, 80 hours per year
- Sick Leave, 80 hours per year