Posted: August 25, 2022
The Colony CVB - City of The Colony
- $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 Annually
The Marketing Specialist of The Colony Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) is responsible for all aspects of marketing and communications as it relates to the promotion of The Colony as a premier destination for leisure travel, sports tournaments and meetings. The individual will collaborate closely with other team members to lead the organization's marketing and communication efforts and oversee the development and delivery of a fully integrated strategy for the CVB. This position is responsible for digital content creation, managing all aspects of the organization's social media presence, newsletters, and assisting with special events. Candidates must be creative, able to communicate effectively, display a general knowledge of The Colony, and thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment. This position requires an aggressive and innovative individual, with willingness to travel and work flexible hours (some evenings and weekends).
Examples of Duties
- Create, maintain, and implement a strategic annual content calendar, and action plan, to meet established marketing goals and strengthen The Colony’s brand across visitors, industry stakeholders, and all other audiences.
- Coordinate all media buying, annual marketing budget, and assist in the development of marketing goals and objectives - including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR.
- Manage all creative message development and brand strategy, design and printing of marketing materials, and create promotional campaigns based on strategies and goals.
- Manage on-going advertising deadlines, materials submission, and maintain ad send confirmations and tear sheets.
- Proficient in managing social media and digital channels – including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and WordPress. Monitor, post, schedule, and report on all social media outlets.
- Provide regular updates and daily monitoring of digital resources - including the CVB website, mobile application, social media, and blog.
- Create and maintain a social media calendar, content, and oversee promotions and social ad campaigns, and contests.
- Knowledge of basic search engine marketing, search engine optimization, and data analytics.
- Help create editorial content and layout for various marketing components – including print and digital advertisements, website, e-newsletters, and blogs.
- Strong attention to detail, proofreading, research, copywriting, and organizational workflow skills required.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines, in stressful situations, and define and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrate professionalism and positive demeanor in all interactions, establish and maintain an effective working relationship with employees, management, outside agencies, and media.
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Suite products – Photoshop and InDesign and, Microsoft Office products - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Attend and work festivals, special events and trade shows when required and conduct presentations as needed.
- Comfortable networking in various settings.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull materials and objects necessary to assist in the set up and break down of events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to work alone and handle self-driven projects efficiently. Time management and organizational skills a must. Self-motivated individual able to work under stress of deadlines and busy schedule. Must have a pleasant, outgoing personality, good hygiene and appearance, and strong people skills. Must be a positive representative of The Colony CVB and the City of The Colony. Excellent written and verbal communication skills (candidates selected to interview may be required to complete written performance exercise).
Education and Experience
Successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in a marketing related role. Must possess knowledge of The Colony and familiarity with the general region. Proven results in implementing strategic marketing plans, managing social media platforms, and analytics technologies. A clear Texas Class C driver’s license is required with the ability to efficiently and safely operate a Ford F350 Mobile Visitor Information Center.