Posted: August 25, 2022
Position: Marketing Manager
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt Status
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Reports: Marketing Coordinator
ABOUT DESTINATION BRYAN: Destination Bryan, a 501c(6) non-profit, is a destination marketing organization whose purpose is to drive economic growth to improve quality of life for our community through tourism marketing and destination development. This is accomplished through the promotion and development of Bryan, Texas tourism assets. Destination Bryan works in partnership with tourism industry-related businesses including lodging properties, restaurants, venues, attractions, events, and other stakeholders. Primary core functions of the organization consist of marketing and advertising, promotion, group sales and services, fostering community partnerships, hosting events, package and product development, and general destination management of the community for tourism development and quality of life.
POSITION OBJECTIVES: The Marketing Manager will fit into a passionate team to fulfill the objectives of the organization. The primary objectives of this position are to develop, execute, and manage the marketing, advertising, and promotional strategies of the DMO across various platforms. Success in this position includes generating and growing interest in Bryan as a destination through content creation, social media, print and digital advertising, managing external agencies, and successful marketing campaigns.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conceptualize, develop, and implement innovative marketing strategies to promote the destination to visitors and the local community.
- Create, implement, and evaluate the annual marketing plan, including both digital and traditional media.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and third-party marketing agencies for long-term strategic planning for marketing programs.
- Supervise and manage the Marketing Coordinator for website (CMS) management and development, additional content creation, photography, event marketing and social media, and design.
- Direct and manage the organization’s digital marketing agency to identify digital campaigns and placements to drive impact across platforms.
- Manage third-party marketing vendors to oversee paid advertising initiatives and strategy implementation.
- Develop and manage the organization’s content strategy.
- Create innovative and compelling content intended for the organization’s various target audiences that amplifies Bryan businesses and promotes tourism assets, including idea generation, story research, writing, editing, keyword research, SEO optimization, and publishing content.
- Work as a team with the PR & Communications Manager and the Marketing Coordinator to distribute and publish content across relevant platforms and channels, including website content, social media, blogs, newsletters, email marketing, and other channels.
- Develop, execute, and manage an overall plan for all relevant social media outlets that results in achieving industry standard KPIs, such as engagement rate, CTR, etc.
- Ensures integrity and protection of the Destination Bryan brand, guiding stakeholders with the right usage of Destination Bryan for promotional purposes.
- Establish and monitor marketing and advertising goals and provide recommendations on periodic revisions to the marketing plan.
- Prepare, manage, and reconcile the organization’s marketing budget adhering to organizational accounting processes, including the preparation of reports, reconciliation of credit card statements, tracking invoices, and generating check requests.
- Actively participates in scheduled board meetings, reporting on marketing initiatives, and analyzing the effectiveness of the organization’s marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with all departments to communicate effectively within the organization as well as to the public and stakeholders.
- Forge strong working relationships with stakeholders and marketing partners.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business, tourism or related field
- 3+ years of experience, preferably in the tourism industry
- Ability to work nights and weekends, as needed
- Must be able to work in Bryan, Texas and the Destination Bryan office
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid driver’s license
WORKING KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Creative mind with an ability to conceive inspiring ideas
- Exceptional writing, communication, and proofing skills with demonstrated experience required
- Social media content and advertising proficiency
- Experience working with email distribution software (MailChimp, Constant Contact, HubSpot, etc.)
- Proficient with Google Analytics
- Familiarity with graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite preferred)
- Knowledgeable of SEO best practices
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Proven self-starter, effectively able to manage multiple priorities, and adheres to deadlines
- Strong project management, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Displays collaboration within a team setting
- Flexibility and ability to work in a changing and dynamic environment
- High attention to detail, well-organized, self-motivated, and comfortable in a fast-paced role
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance for employee
- Paid holidays, sick, and vacation days
- Retirement 401(k) plan with 5% employer contribution and 3% employer match
- Professional development opportunities
- Paid Pregnancy & Parental Leave Policy
- Remote Work Policy
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to John Friebele, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional questions, please call (979) 721-9506.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed in this position and is not all-inclusive of every job function. Position may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.