Posted: January 6, 2023
Director of Marketing and Brand Management
- $101,402.86 - $147,033.90 Annually
Manages and leads the marketing department and overall brand management program for the Grapevine Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB). Responsible for identifying market opportunities and developing short and long-term marketing strategies with the objective of attracting overnight and day visitor business from the convention and leisure markets, as well as sets and guides the overall communications strategy for public relations initiatives and overall bureau messaging. These strategies include advertising, public relations, research, web site direction and electronic and database marketing and special promotions.
1. Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, addressing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance evaluations.
2. Coordinates, assigns and reviews work and establishes work schedules; maintains standards; monitors status of work in progress; inspects completed work assignments; answers questions; gives advice and direction as needed.
3. In collaboration with others, directs the development of individual media releases and copy for CVB documents as needed; maintains the constant and consistent identity for the brand.
4. Develops and implements the domestic and international marketing plan, which includes advertising, market and focus group research, direct mail, publication listings, exhibit booth design, collateral materials, web site development and enhancement, as well as electronic and database marketing to saturate the exposure for the brand.
5. Develops and implements the annual marketing budget in conjunction with the Managing Director.
6. Submits applications for available state cooperative marketing dollars and solicits cooperative partners for other programs to enhance the marketing plan.
7. Develops cooperative opportunities in which CVB partners can participate, such as advertising, trade and consumer shows and conventions.
8. Maintains ongoing positive interaction within the City government and remains aware of any development projects being considered for the City; ensures that the CVB’s positions on tourism are recognized; networks on behalf of the CVB with the destinations civic, corporate, educational leadership.
9. Maintains national, regional, state and local profile in travel industry through associations, committees and marketing cooperatives; travels and participates in CVB sale missions and exhibits.
10. Participates and designs research projects; analyzes industry trends in the group, international and consumer markets that assists in meeting the CVB’s marketing objectives.
11. Maintains attendance records on all local visitor attractions and consolidates numbers for monthly reports, as well as tracks sources of guest inquiry for Grapevine information and utilizes database for conversion studies.
12. Develops and coordinates advertising program, including budget, placement and frequency in conjunction with staff.
13. Sustains and builds upon tourism marketing programs that enhance brand image which lead to sales.
14. Maintains strong relationship with all hotel and attraction partners and understands fully all components of the destination; hotels, various elements of shopping, dining and attractions.
15. Performs related duties as directed when such duties are a logical and appropriate assignment to the position.
16. Regular and timely attendance are required for this position.
17. Interacts professionally and respectfully with the public, coworkers and others in the course of daily work.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Ability to manage the cost-effective development and implementation of marketing/sales and promotion programs to attract convention and corporate group and individual business and leisure users to Grapevine hotels, facilities, attractions, shopping, festivals/events and restaurants.
• Ability to ensure that programs, special events and methods are consistent with City goals and objectives.
• Ability to ensure that materials and documentation accurately represent Grapevine facilities and services available.
• Ability to ensure administrative functions relating to budget preparation, and record maintenance are timely and accurate.
• Knowledge and experience in all aspects of marketing including advertising, public relations, special promotions, research, web site development, electronic and database marketing, direct sales and direct mail.
• Requires advanced computer, web site and internet skills.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have outstanding organizational skills.
• Must develop a complete working knowledge of Grapevine, including all of its attractions and amenities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing or business administration, plus a minimum of five years of marketing experience in large convention bureau, major convention hotel, hotel management company or related travel industry organization or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must pass a credit check, Federal/National criminal background check.
Must have a valid Texas driver's license with an acceptable driving record as defined by City policy.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
While performing the essential functions of this position the employee is rarely exposed to disagreeable environmental factors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is regularly required to perform light to medium work that involves walking or standing, use the computer keyboard and mouse, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, stand, walk, and stoop, or crouch. This position requires occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. This job requires the ability to work in an office environment where the noise level is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and the job requirements change.