||Fort Worth Convention & Visitors Bureau
JOB TITLE: National Sales Manager, Executive Business Meetings
DEPARTMENT: Meeting Sales
POSITION REPORTS TO: Assistant Vice President, Meeting Sales and Vice President, Meeting Sales
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Exempt (Professional)
SUMMARY OF BASIC FUNCTIONS: To promote and market Fort Worth on a national level as a premier convention and meeting destination.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieve assigned room night goal for Fiscal Year (October 1- September 30) of each year
- Maintain and develop an active base of potential clients through regular personal, telephone, written communication for potential meetings of up to 175 rooms peak.
- Keep Trace Activity current and up-to-date.
- Generate leads for hotels by following up on potential business provided by inquiries, trade shows, trade publications, familiarization trips, referrals and sales calls.
- Arrange Site Inspections for potential customer(s) to showcase Fort Worth as a meeting destination, through hotel tours, city tours, unique facilities and possibly Fort Worth Convention Center and Will Rogers Memorial Center.
- Participate in sales trips to designated national, regional, state and local: corporate association markets, as well as, other cities identified by appropriate research.
- Assist and participate in the implementation and development of departmental and bureau events such as, familiarization tours, sales missions and direct mail campaign, etc.
- Communicate by cross referencing group activity to all National Sales Manager and Directors responsible for larger meetings. Maintain dialogue with National Sales Managers and regional Directors to coordinate the handling of appropriate accounts that are in the best interest of the customer and the destination.
- Assist National Sales Manager and/or Directors in any tradeshow that may require you to exhibit and attend for the small meeting market.
- Maintain a professional dialogue, with Fort Worth hotel partners, to include becoming a liaison for hotel sales personnel to ask questions and request information with regards to leads, best practices, and use of Simpleview.
- Coordinate with Event Sales and Services Manager (ESSM) to distribute Lead, Lead Update Memo, Definite and Lost Business activity.
- Overall Lead servicing responsibilities are with the Event Sales and Services Manager.
- Individually responsible for maintaining consistent and effective business activity.
- Input all appropriate data in Simpleview so booking information/results can transition to DMAI- MINT database.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President, Meeting Sales and/or Vice President, Meeting Sales.
Education - College degree in marketing or business administration is preferred.
Experience - Two to four years of experience or in hospitality-related field, preferably with another convention & visitor’s bureau or hotel.
Skills - Willingness to learn sales account management software, word processing programs and other current operating computer systems. The ability to type is also required. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are also required. Must possess an on-going aptitude for organizational policies and objectives.
Must possess knowledge of convention solicitation and convention services programs, Bureau and industry organization, policies and objectives. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Must possess a good aptitude for organization, policies and objectives and effective use of Business English.
The work conditions include occasional irregular work hours; subject to many interruptions, varying, routine and unpredictable situations while working on multiple projects and priorities. Frequent communication with internal and external parties via telephone and in person, use of computer, and telephones. Other requirements include, reading, writing math skills, job travel to tradeshows, meetings and site inspections.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE WORK OF OTHERS:
Leadership Responsibility: Assigns, verifies and regulates the workflow to others while functioning to remove obstacles which effect the positions of Sales Assistant or administrative staff.
Sitting - Constant
Standing - Occasional
Walking - Occasional
Lifting - Rare (heavy, 50 lbs.)
Carrying - Rare (heavy, 50 lbs.)
Pushing - Rare (heavy, 50 lbs.)
Pulling - Rare (heavy, 50 lbs.)
Reaching - Frequent
Handling - Frequent
Kneeling - Rare
Stooping - Rare
Crouching - Rare
Bending – Occasional